Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tie dye brightens any ol' day!


Well, this week's challenge at Fantabulous Cricut is to use the color YELLOW in a L/O or card.  The truth is that I often use yellow as the base color of my cards.  I find it is a very inviting color and always conveys a sense of cheeriness that is, in my opinion, of utmost importance for a good "just because" or "get well soon" card.  This card is 5x7 inches, so I have a nice amount of room to work with.  All of the paper I used was from my stash, but I think my absolute favorite element with this card is the "Tie Dyed" paper lace circle which serves as a mat to my sparkling butterfly "in flight."  I cut it from the paper lace cartridge on white paper and then used three separate distressing inks to give it that oh so groovy tie dyed look that I love so much!  I really loved making this card (though I think I should have done a little more with the ribbon other than just making a bow with it... but oh well, I am still learning.) I also really like the sentiment that I had in my stash, but I don't love the "handwriting" look to it.  I think it looks a little messy... but I just loved the sentiment too much to not use it!  Anyway, like I have said before... each card is a learning experience, and boy, what great time I am having learning!!!! :-)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Tie Dye! As a child of the 80's this card is near and dear to my heart! I'm sure there are dozens of photos with me as a teen sporting this look! lol! :)

    What a beautiful card Beth! I love the colours, and your sentiment is PERFECT! I love the ribbon too. You totally made me smile. Well done! :)

    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card! I love the tye dye look you gave to the paper lace. It complements the striped paper and butterfly perfectly!
    Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!
    Sabrina
    http://scrappinwithsabrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty - and what a fabulous sentiment! The tie dye look goes perfectly with it!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love the butterfly and the tie-dyed mat. Great job! Thanks for playing with us at Fantabulous Cricut!
    Glenda
    http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete