Monday, July 18, 2011

Life is a dish best served cold - or at least A La Mode!!

This week's challenge on Fantabulous Cricut is to make a card or layout with the theme of ice cream.  In general I am not the HUGEST fan of ice cream - as my family likes to put it, I am a "Social Ice Cream Eater." Now, although I myself am not such a lover of this chilly treat, so many of my closest family and friends are.  And so I dedicate this week's project to all of them;  my family and friends who, without ice cream, would simply be lost!


I used my "Sweet Treats" cartridge for the two ice cream sundays and used glossy affects on the "hot fudge to give it that really ooey gooey look (which did not translate as well in my photo but looks FANTASTIC in person! 
I am a real newbie at all of this but as I continue to work on different projects I feel and see my work getting better and better! I wish I could do more challenges per week!!!! :-)

13 comments:

  1. Great card,like the glossy accents.TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! The glossy accents is so fun! I'm sure it looks fantastic in real life. Thanks for creating with us at Fantabulous Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute, cute card! I love the red check background...great retro feel. And your ice cream looks yummy, I LOVE glossy accents! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at FCCB!

    Tanya - http://nonnascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it...and the cute red checkered paper is perfect. Fun card!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card and the checkered bg paper...it gives it that 50's diner feel. Thanks for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Happy Craftin'!
    Jewels
    http://beautifulcrazyscrappylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really cute! I love those ice cream sundaes. I'm happy to be playing along with you at Fantabulous Cricut this week. Your blog is really cute, I'm happy to be your newest follower.
    Hugs, Jenni
    http://mylollipopgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! It's really adorable and that red checkered paper was just perfect for this! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB this week!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy to have you back again! Love your project. Fantabulous job! :0)

    XO ~ Amy Jo - FCCB Coordinator
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card!! I love that cut!! I hope you keep playing with us @ FCCB!! TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So yummy! I love your colour choices and the sentiment is fabulous. Super card. :)
    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete